Forums.Celicas.org Forum Index
Forums.Celicas.org
Toyota Celica Owners Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GOT STRUT BAR ON NOW WHAT????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums.Celicas.org Forum Index -> A Chassis Performance / Tuning
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BB_84_RA64

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: GOT STRUT BAR ON NOW WHAT???? Reply with quote

Wanted to see if I could stiffen the chassis as much as I could on my '84 RA64, put an 240sx modded strut bar on. Up front its got a cross member which keeps the bottom stiff, in back there's no strut tower to connect and stiffen, under the chassis in back don't know yet might be something I could do there. It corners and handles pretty good right now with just about a 3" drop with Supra rims and 195-60 rubber on it. Doesn't rub even with aggressive cornering, I still have 1" susp. travel. To mod a 240sx bar takes about 1 1/2 hours to get it all working perfect. Any ideas for more bracing would be cool. Later. Cool
ShoNuFf
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont know if ya got a gts or a gt, ie: solid or independent rear. but ya also want to get poly-urethane bushing all throughout the car, this will keep your suspension from shifting in hard corners. stock rubber bushings let the angle of the tires change during high G's. you could also get bigger sway bars. you could also relocate the battery to the back passenger corner to help better balance the car

under tree's and in barns across the globe toyota's await resurrection

www.youtube.com/nuffbilt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums.Celicas.org Forum Index -> A Chassis Performance / Tuning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: