Forums.Celicas.org Forum Index
Forums.Celicas.org
Toyota Celica Owners Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

78 gt celica hatch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums.Celicas.org Forum Index -> A Chassis Performance / Tuning
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkslasher

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:52 am    Post subject: 78 gt celica hatch Reply with quote

ok wow where to start with this car lol, i recived it from the original owner when i cleard his yard of trees after a huricane and he was low on money so i recived this car. been garrage kept and was his baby (hell the thing had a engine block warmer on it which i found a little over board for being in MD) but the thing hadn't been turned over in 7 years... ok that still dosn't bother seeing as how the hoses and everything still good healthy and no cracks. so a new batt and some starter fulid i got it started, took it home cleaned the carb, drained the tank(i swear i thanked god when in the first time in my life i saw a fuel tank with a drainage bolt!!!) ok so i drained it twice once to get the old gass out and then again with some new gas and store bought tank cleaners, replaced the feul pump, new oil, radiator fluid, brake fluid, cluch fluid, and reconditioned the brake calipers new pads, repacked the berrings.. the list goes on and on of everything that i did for that car cause i kinda felt sorry for it and also it was a fun car to drive. so after replacing the fuel pump(which was intank electric and i had access to it from the trunk of the car this car is so easy to work on lol) it still would act like the pump was going bad, i eventualy found out that the oil pressure indicator relay went bad and was cutting off power to my fuel pump ok i understand that one old electronics go bad no big deal i fix that, then about a month later my battery tie down breaks(the stock one) and my wireing harness gets sucked into the fan belt... so that was the end of that car till now a long year latter me joining the army and now haveing time and money to work on the car again. i decided to step up this car now new engine from http://www.toyotacatalog.net/M1WebGear/ and thats all i know of to get parts... i need help finding places to get new and more sporty equipment for my suspension, brakes, trany, and rear end. money isn't much of a problem and nither is time but i don't need anything super good just better than stock lol, any help would be great.
ShoNuFf
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ a junk yard you can steal things off of a 3rd gen 83-85 ish such as;

new axl with rear sway bar zenki?? style 3rd member which you can get a lsd for

new gts seats and if your luck they will be leather

vented rotors

beter geared tranny

but when it comes to suspension your gonna have to fork out some money to get some real stiff stuff or you can get some entry level kyb's for the front and whatever you want for the back (its the front thats hard to find)

under tree's and in barns across the globe toyota's await resurrection

www.youtube.com/nuffbilt

jstein2007

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Whatdamnoilpressureindicatorrelay??!! Reply with quote

Wow! This is an "Aha!" moment! Sounds EXACTLY like the trouble I was
having with my '75 GT after installing a Weber carburetor!
I thought it was just low fuel pressure that was causing my car to run out
of fuel for no reason I could see. So I installed an after-market fuel pump
that delivers a minimum of 4 PSI and haven't had any trouble since.
Have to check & see if my '75 has this relay. If it does, and it's bad, I'll
have learned something of value even if I am out $40.00 for a new fuel pump!
Mad jstein2007
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums.Celicas.org Forum Index -> A Chassis Performance / Tuning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: