Forums.Celicas.org Forum Index
Forums.Celicas.org
Toyota Celica Owners Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Intercooler on a NA celica?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums.Celicas.org Forum Index -> T Chassis Performance / Tuning
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pinster
Jr. Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:24 am    Post subject: Intercooler on a NA celica? Reply with quote

Hi I was wondering if anybody knew if putting a front mounted intercooler on my st202 1994 (6th gen) 2.0 JDM celica would give me any significant power gains. I have a BMC CDA cold air induction kit and thought if I really cool the air down it could make a real difference. Thank you for any replies, best regards,
Adam.
Rix86
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no intercoolers without forced induction.
Gooch
Jr. Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. THe only reason intercoolers are even there is to feed the turbo(s) Intercoolers cool the air, which is then cooled and made even MORE dense by the turbo. He's right "No intercooler without forced incduction." PLan to spend a pretty penny if you REALLY want forced induction. NONE of them are cheap.
Rix86
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gooch wrote:
Yeah. THe only reason intercoolers are even there is to feed the turbo(s) Intercoolers cool the air, which is then cooled and made even MORE dense by the turbo. He's right "No intercooler without forced incduction." PLan to spend a pretty penny if you REALLY want forced induction. NONE of them are cheap.

No....
the turbo compresses (and heats) the air gets fed THROUGH the intercooler,which cools the air charge, into the intake and then to the head and on into the cumbustion chamber.
Gooch
Jr. Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man was I WAY off. well thats what they make these forums for. Thanks for the correction rix86. Won't happen again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums.Celicas.org Forum Index -> T Chassis Performance / Tuning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: