Forums.Celicas.org Forum Index
Forums.Celicas.org
Toyota Celica Owners Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Engine wiring diagram (22R-E)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums.Celicas.org Forum Index -> A Chassis Daily Repair and Maintenance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tokyo-RA64

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Engine wiring diagram (22R-E) Reply with quote

Ok so here is the deal. I have a 85 celica GT and i believe the owner before me swapped in a 87 22R-E in the car. When i got the car it didnt run. So i did some work to it and i got it started. But upon getting it started i noticed many problems. Radiator is shot, the oil was filled all the way up to the valve cover, no power, ran real bad and smokes a lot. After i got it started i noticed all the oil coming out of the intake so i shut it off and then i was like...great. SO after that i completely took off everything that had to do with the intake part of the motor and cleaned it. Drained all the oil, took the valve cover off. Then re-isntalled everything and put new oil and spark plugs on it. Ok so i try to start it again but it wont start so im like whatever im done for today. So i let the car sit for a couple months because i had another car i was workin on but now i want to get this car running again. I replaced the spark plug wires just recently because i noticed a tear in them. I noticed there was positive wires grounded to the intake manifold so i disconnected those. Because my battery always drained. Anywho now the battery doesnt drain. I have the car turning over but it doesnt sound like it is trying to start at all. I have a spark and everything. But now that i disconnected those positive wires that were grounded to the intake mani...the engine check light wont even come on when i turn the car on. Before it would just stay on all the time. So i need a wiring diagram or maybe ap picture that lets me know where those wires go because i have no clue. This is the second celica i have owned and i never had problems with the first one. But it was also all original. Any help would be greatly appreciated... im about to yank the motor out and rebuild it, but i would like to kno that it runs first. i needs this wiring diagram please...or a 22R-E expert. thanks in advanced - TK
Tokyo-RA64

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it might be the original engine...im not sure. All i kno is when i got it, the valve cover had 87 toyota R22 PU painted on the valve cover. But there are so many plugs and wires that dont go to anything. This motor looks different from the one i had in my 84 celica GT, or atleast what i remember of it.
ShoNuFf
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the oil was really up to the valve cover, the motor is proboly screwed. should only be 4.5 ish quarts o oil in it if you have the time i would completely rebuild the eng and put it in so you know jus whats goin on in the eng. if your getting air, fuel, and spark then your eng should run. but ive noticed that some of the more shady lots will put more oil in a eng to hide a bad valve or to try ta make the eng quiter i would also do a compression check

under tree's and in barns across the globe toyota's await resurrection

www.youtube.com/nuffbilt

ShoNuFf
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yea a wiring diagram can be found here

http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?UseCase=RG001&UserAction=beginRepairGuide

under tree's and in barns across the globe toyota's await resurrection

www.youtube.com/nuffbilt

vamnews
Jr. Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: 85 RE Reply with quote

Depending on when the car was produced, the '87 RE engine could be correct. Toyota changed the 22RE midway through model year 1985 (somewhere around Oct 1984). I have an '85 Celica with the later block and head. It matches the '87. I doesn't match the '84.
Hope this helps!

Vince
sanaeerumey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tokyo-RA64 wrote:
it might be the original engine...im not sure. All i kno is when i got it, the valve cover had 87 toyota R22 PU painted on the valve cover. But there are so many plugs and wires that dont go to anything. This motor looks different from the one i had in my 84 celica GT, or atleast what i remember of it.

https://phenq-reviews.com

-----------------------------------

This was the best maintenance which can merge with all daily chassis (Y) keeo going
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums.Celicas.org Forum Index -> A Chassis Daily Repair and Maintenance All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: