Forums.Celicas.org Forum Index
Forums.Celicas.org
Toyota Celica Owners Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Steering Wheel Hub/Rear End and Coilover Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums.Celicas.org Forum Index -> A Chassis Performance / Tuning
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boostin_81

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:12 am    Post subject: Steering Wheel Hub/Rear End and Coilover Questions Reply with quote

Hey, just wondering if you guys know what brands make steering wheel hubs for the 81 celica st.
Also, what Im looking at to upgrade my rear end to either a factory or aftermarket lsd. Ive heard that 84 celica supra rear ends work, but Im not 100%.
And what options do I have with this car for upgrading the suspension? I have found springs but that was about out, are there any brands out there that offer a full coilover front and rear with adjustable camber?

Thanks
ShoNuFf
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dobsons or whiteline springs are bolt in.

there is no (known to me) coilovers for a 2nd gen Crying or Very sad but ive heard the AE86 ones will work with mild fabrication. and the AE86 camber plates will work if you auger out 1 hole.

no the 84 supra axl will not work, it has independant rear suspension. you need to find a 79-81 supra rear axl, it will bolt right in and "some" have lsd and disks, the main part ya want is the 7.5 diff housing, there is alot more aftermarket support for the 7.5 than the 6.7. and on that note a 84 supra diff will fit in a 79-81 housing but you will need to install just the diff in the older 3rd member, the shimming can be a pita so id recommend having a shop do the work unless your confident you know what your doing.

under tree's and in barns across the globe toyota's await resurrection

www.youtube.com/nuffbilt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums.Celicas.org Forum Index -> A Chassis Performance / Tuning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: