Forums.Celicas.org Forum Index
Forums.Celicas.org
Toyota Celica Owners Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Grant ME Knowledge oh god of Celicas!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums.Celicas.org Forum Index -> T Chassis Performance / Tuning
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joshlovessupras

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Grant ME Knowledge oh god of Celicas! Reply with quote

I recently aquired a 1990 GT celica in good condition. I like to tune and race and I was wondering what a good build could be. Some of my favorite engines are the supra 7mgte, the 1jz and the 2jz (although power to weight I prefer the 1jz.) Is an engine swap possible? and if so would the stock transmission be effective or would I go with a different one.

Comments are always appreciated thankx.

~J
Grot

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a swap of this nature would be extremely expensive, as you would have to convert the car to RWD because all three of these engines are very large in comparison to the i4 in it now.

but if you were going to take on such a project, i wouldnt even consider a 7M in a celica. go with one of the jz motors, you will get more bang for your buck in the end.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums.Celicas.org Forum Index -> T Chassis Performance / Tuning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: