Forums.Celicas.org Forum Index
Forums.Celicas.org
Toyota Celica Owners Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

great find / vacuum help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums.Celicas.org Forum Index -> A Chassis Performance / Tuning
View previous topic :: View next topic  
81celica

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:47 pm    Post subject: great find / vacuum help Reply with quote

I bought a 81 22R Celica ST last month. It has 91,107 origanal miles on it. The origanal owners son was selling it for $700.00 cause he could not figure out what was wrong - no excelleration and no secondary in carb. He replaced all sensors & rebuilt carb.

I test drove it & bought it for $350.00 . When I got home I took off catalylic converter and it was plugged solid. replaced and runns great. Very Happy

I am replacing all vacuum, emission & heater hoses

Question I need a vacuum diagram for 81 22R Exclamation

(just in case - the one under hood is all faded)
Celerity
Jr. Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I get ahold of RAs, I find that the secondaries don't open because of wear / slack in the throttle linkage. Good find though !

-> Steve
markf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject: source for vacuum lines? Reply with quote

While we're on this subject -- anyone have a good source for vacuum lines? My '84 needs all new lines -- I want something nice, but not necessarily "tuner" style.
sfiggins
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want the lines themselves? That shouldn't be too hard to come up with. Just buy a big spool of the tubing from the auto parts store. If they can't help you, then I'm sure any decent garage or mechanic should be able to point you in the right direction.

-Sean
thunderpaw

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can either get vac lines at just about any auto parts store... or you can order from NOPI the silicone hoses by the foot. I did that for our cars and have been real pleased. It wasn't a lot of money and the silicone doesn't deteriorate like rubber.

For the diagram - I have the BGB for the '81 celica, I'll see about scanning in the pages.
Alex Frost

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thunderpaw wrote:
You can either get vac lines at just about any auto parts store... or you can order from NOPI the silicone hoses by the foot. I did that for our cars and have been real pleased. It wasn't a lot of money and the silicone doesn't deteriorate like rubber.

For the diagram - I have the BGB for the '81 celica, I'll see about scanning in the pages.

Did you by chance have time to scan those pages, would really be of help to me right now Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums.Celicas.org Forum Index -> A Chassis Performance / Tuning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: