Forums.Celicas.org Forum Index
Forums.Celicas.org
Toyota Celica Owners Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

small world on the net,1973 celica convertible

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums.Celicas.org Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brandonboyz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:36 am    Post subject: small world on the net,1973 celica convertible Reply with quote

I just happened to come across a picture of a cherry red 1973 celica convertible sitting on grass with trees in the background...on the net with this site as the source......the picture is actually 20 some years old....I bought the car with a burned piston when it was only a few years old and I was 18 or so,car was originally gold with crappy brown interior.......I painted it gold base and maybe 7 coats of brickyard red clear "RADIANCE" was the paint in the 1980s,found a mint red interior,even had the wheels bright yellow at one point [but ppl weren't ready for that lol],I fixed the engine,and put a 5 spd instead of a 4 in it.......it was a fun summer cruiser...all my friends had V8 muscle cars...and I would rev the lil 18rc and couldn't blow it up and it was well respected for how it went....I then stuffed a chev 327 V8 auto in it.....was too heavy for the car ...ended up parking it.....now decades later my friends say "that car was the fast and the furious 20 years before its time" "nobody customized a Japanese car in those days ".............now 37 years later-I still have the car-in the shed with under 40 K miles.......just hought it might intrest you guys since I saw some comment on the net like "I wonder where that car is now "[img][/img]
CharlesMahan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: small world on the net,1973 celica convertible Reply with quote

brandonboyz wrote:
I just happened to come across a picture of a cherry red 1973 celica convertible sitting on grass with trees in the background...on the net with this site as the source......the picture is actually 20 some years old....I bought the car with a burned piston when it was only a few years old and I was 18 or so,car was originally gold with crappy brown interior.......I painted it gold base and maybe 7 coats of brickyard red clear "RADIANCE" was the paint in the 1980s,found a mint red interior,even had the wheels bright yellow at one point [but ppl weren't ready for that lol],I fixed the engine,and put a 5 spd instead of a 4 in it.......it was a fun summer cruiser...all my friends had V8 muscle cars...and I would rev the lil 18rc and couldn't blow it up and it was well respected for how it went....I then stuffed a chev 327 V8 auto in it.....was too heavy for the car ...ended up parking it.....now decades later my friends say "that car was the fast and the furious 20 years before its time" "nobody customized a Japanese car in those days ".............now 37 years later-I still have the car-in the shed with under 40 K miles.......just hought it might intrest you guys since I saw some comment on the net like "I wonder where that car is now "[img][/img]

Interesting story, but not a happy ending. Why not work on it and bring it on the road again? I would love to see some pics of it, recent as well as old.
Barran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such a shame that cars like that are rotting away in sheds. People should either fix them up or sell them to others that would do that.
CreepZ

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barran wrote:
Such a shame that cars like that are rotting away in sheds. People should either fix them up or sell them to others that would do that.

Exactly. These shouldn't be ignored.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums.Celicas.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: