Forums.Celicas.org Forum Index
Forums.Celicas.org
Toyota Celica Owners Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

94 Celica GT Overheating

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums.Celicas.org Forum Index -> T Chassis Restoration and Repair
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steve4king

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:57 am    Post subject: 94 Celica GT Overheating Reply with quote

Some history: 1994 Celica GT
So, after going to a couple of mechanics out of laziness, I've decided to figure this one out myself.

Last year my water pump started leaking, I took it to a mechanic who replaced the pump.
Not long after my car started overheating again. It no longer retains any pressure when it's hot.

I took it to another mechanic who said I needed to replace the rad cap.. and flush would probably fix it.. I was skeptical, but he replaced the thermostat as well and suggested I replace the radiator soon.

The car seemed OK for a while(2months) but then the radiator developed a crack in the upper plastic section and started leaking.

I replaced the radiator last night. I drove the car to work and after I parked I noticed that although the top hose and top of the radiator was hot, the radiator fins, bottom of the radiator and bottom hose were still cold.

I'm guessing this situation existed before I replaced the radiator.. but since I didn't check I can't be sure.

The heater DOES work.. (that means the water pump is working right?)

Any ideas?
jlspec

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replace the thermostat and make sure it's a factory Toyota one. Flush the system and do a headgasket check.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums.Celicas.org Forum Index -> T Chassis Restoration and Repair All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: