Forums.Celicas.org Forum Index
Forums.Celicas.org
Toyota Celica Owners Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New turbo kit - EMSPowered

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums.Celicas.org Forum Index -> T Chassis Performance / Tuning
View previous topic :: View next topic  
baktasht
Jr. Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:36 am    Post subject: New turbo kit - EMSPowered Reply with quote

Some of you have heard rumors of our new crazy turbo kit. And a few lucky people that stepped up to help us out with feedback after development already have the kit on their cars. This kit was in development for over a year. We are now releasing it for public sale. We are planning to start the first group buy for these kits this coming week, but I couldn't hold back my excitement for too long. Here are some teaser pics and a bit of information on the kit.

The turbo we're using for this kit is the Borg Warner line of "Extended Tip Technology" turbos. These are extremely high quality german made turbos. You see a lot of high end sports cars like Porsche's running these turbos and you'll also find them on high horsepower Supra's, domestic V8's, and big power diesel's. These turbos have a very good compressor design. They spool fast, make great low end power, make great torque and have amazing top end. Not only that but they are much better built and have better reliability ratings than your typical t3/t4 or GT turbos. They make great power at low boost and they perform amazingly at high boost up to around 30psi without a hickup.

Our standard warranty applies to this kit as well. Lifetime warranty on all parts except the turbo, and a 1 year warranty on the turbo. These turbos should realistically last 200k miles or more.

The kit includes the following parts:

* Borg Warner "Extended Tip Technology" turbo
(Various sizes available for power levels from 300hp all the way to 700hp)
* Stainless Steel turbo turbine housing
* Optional polished turbine housing
* Optional polished compressor housing
* TIAL 38mm external wastegate (any color and any spring rate)
* Stainless Steel wastegate dump tube / screamer pipe
* 3" Stainless Steel downpipe with OEM O2 sensor bung and wideband O2 sensor bung
* Downpipe support bracket
* -4AN braided SS oil feed line
* -10AN braided SS oil drain line
* Custom machined fittings
* Custom thick walled ramhorn exhaust manifold
* Intake coupler to matte to stock intake
* Mounting hardware
* Gaskets
* Optional hotpipe
* Optional 3" or 4" intake
* Optional high temperature ceramic coating on manifold, downpipe and wastegate screamer pipe

Here are some teaser pictures. Please keep in mind that not all parts included in kit are pictured. Only the manifld, downpipe, turbo and wastegate dumptube are in the pictures.

Start saving up for the group buy. I'll be posting it up in a few days. Pricing and more details will be posted up in the group buy. This thread is just for showing off. Enjoy!

Moderators, if this post is in the wrong section or conflicts with any forum rules please let me known and we'll get it taken care of ASAP.
baktasht
Jr. Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the compressor maps of the turbos available with this kit

S247
http://emspowered.com/images/products/turbokit/compressormaps/S247_compressor_map.jpg

S250
http://emspowered.com/images/products/turbokit/compressormaps/S250_compressor_map.jpg

S252
http://emspowered.com/images/products/turbokit/compressormaps/S252_compressor_map.jpg

S256
http://emspowered.com/images/products/turbokit/compressormaps/S256_compressor_map.jpg
BruceAlmighty

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

considering that this kit is designed for a transverse 3S-GTE, and most of us in this forum cant use that kit at all, this post should be moved to the For Sale/Wanted section. Rolling Eyes
baktasht
Jr. Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BruceAlmighty wrote:
considering that this kit is designed for a transverse 3S-GTE, and most of us in this forum cant use that kit at all, this post should be moved to the For Sale/Wanted section. Rolling Eyes

This is not a for sale thread. Just some pics and info to show off Wink
BruceAlmighty

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

baktasht wrote:
BruceAlmighty wrote:

be that as it may, dont you think you would get a better response if this was posted in the appropriate area?

im not trying to be a dick, or come off overly harsh. by all means, by the pictures, the kit looks beautiful. i just dont know why it was posted in this particular section.
baktasht
Jr. Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BruceAlmighty wrote:
baktasht wrote:
BruceAlmighty wrote:

be that as it may, dont you think you would get a better response if this was posted in the appropriate area?

im not trying to be a dick, or come off overly harsh. by all means, by the pictures, the kit looks beautiful. i just dont know why it was posted in this particular section.

I guess you're correct. But we're not really selling the kit just yet.
BruceAlmighty

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i see. well best of luck with it. Cool
ShoNuFf
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

half this forum IS for the newer celica's Wink

tis in the wrong section tho.

so im moving it Laughing

under tree's and in barns across the globe toyota's await resurrection

www.youtube.com/nuffbilt

theroman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! It is my dream, but unfortunately i can't have it... I will use warranty.
I have a new Celica from these guys http://italkaboutcars.com/toyota-winchester-va in VA. Never get a car from this dealer. NEVER!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums.Celicas.org Forum Index -> T Chassis Performance / Tuning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: