Forums.Celicas.org Forum Index
Forums.Celicas.org
Toyota Celica Owners Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Timing Mark!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums.Celicas.org Forum Index -> A Chassis Performance / Tuning
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KANENA1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Timing Mark! Reply with quote

I have a 82' Toyota celica
I need to know the timing mark on it!
This Car was my Daugthers after she died I recieved it and want to take care of it and keep it running good.

also I just took my car for the smog test and it did not pass!
the area something about the (NO PPM) at:15mph- Max is: 1161- Ave is: 434 , I got a: 2075 on the test, and at: 25mph showed: max is: 991 Ave:357 I got: 1476 on the test. Please if anyone would know would a tune-up and change air filter and adjust timing help pass this Car? Is their a smog kit that needs to be Installed in the Car?

Thank you for your help!
ShoNuFf
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

k

timing mark:
on the balancer pully(the one on the botom ya the big one Wink ) there is a mark that will match up with a timing gauge @ the 10 oclock position. warm car up, disconnect vac line @ distributor loosen 12mm bolt @ base of dist. turn to adjust.

i would say give the car a long drive then change the oil while its still hot and a full tune up would be good but i bet that your catalytic converter has failed. it is located about right uner the driver seat on exhaust. if it looks as old as the rest of the exhaust id say change it (your supposed to every 60-70,000 mi)

i would also take a look @ : pcv valve, intake gasket, valves, carb

well good luck and if all else fails put a header some hot plugs and a msd kit and go pass your emmisions

under tree's and in barns across the globe toyota's await resurrection

www.youtube.com/nuffbilt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums.Celicas.org Forum Index -> A Chassis Performance / Tuning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: